Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Goose Bumps

What gives you goose bumps? Do geese have bumps? Or is that only after the feathers are plucked? I don’t know, I never have plucked a goose…

Strange term: “goose bumps.” My dictionary lists goose flesh and goose PIMPLES. I never heard that last one. Goose bumps can be caused by the heebie-jeebies or by a cool breeze. I’m proud to report that my dictionary does list heebie-jeebies! I just checked. The last time I heard this question, though, I interpreted it in a positive way and thought about the things that give me goose bumps:
Good writing ( Not merely “good,” I mean eloquent),
a song vocalized by Mario Frangoulis accompanied by an orchestra,
a phone call from a far away friend (especially after you were just thinking about them),
a standing ovation from my audience,
my husband kissing the back of my neck….

No comments: