Friday, December 29, 2006

Weight loss

Who wants to lose weight? I think I gained back those 5 (or 6 or maybe 12) pounds I lost last August, eating turkey, stuffing, homemade pumpkin pies, and all those Christmas cookies! My weakness is homemade baked goodies. I better quit making pies!

Time to get out my healthy eating tape and dust off my positive affirmations for building muscle and showing off a thin waist. I make my own self-hypnosis tapes from time to time. They have helped me achieve many of my goals, like losing the fear of public speaking, staying on a weight-loss program, enhancing my creativity, and increasing confidence.

The self-hypnosis tape helps me to stay motivated even when I can't really see the results. I know the scale has to change eventually if I keep eating healthily and exercising vigorously. Giving up and getting discouraged only ensures failure. It's not easy to lose weight, but people do it every week, one day at a time. It's persistence that matters, so let me go play that tape right now!

No comments: