Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Pet Peeves

I hate when people misspell words. Especially when it is on a billboard or a sign or a webpage that is supposed to bring people in. It shows a lack of education, and a lack of respect. If you can’t spell it, look it up! Maybe it’s only laziness. I use abbreviations, but only well-known ones. If you spell “know” as “no” can I really be sure of what you’re trying to communicate? I no, it should be apparent from the context, but sometimes the context isn’t clear, you no? It doesn’t make things easier to understand it is just shorter for me to type. And I’m all for speed, but I’m more for efficiency and clarity of meaning.

I am for deleting unneccessary, unpronounced letters like “ugh,” tho. It looks a little awkward, but I think I could get used to it. Words like through, and though would be improved, but what would we do with throughout? Thruout. That’s worse than the original!

No comments: