Monday, February 5, 2007

Rainy days and Mondays

The word of the day is soporific. Mondays mornings are not easy around here. All the high school students are so tired after their exciting weekends. School is the perfect place to catch up on sleep, right? Not in my classroom! You better get up early and be on time to my class, or it results in an extra day of solitary confinement. So get to bed early! Plan ahead! Oh, I forgot. Teenagers now have that excuse that the brain is not fully developed until 21 and the reasoning part is not quite connected yet to the logical component. When I was in school, we didn’t have that excuse, and kids were held responsible for getting to class on time and staying awake in class…

Sop o rif ic -- adj. 1. inducing sleep. 2. drowsy. From Latin.

Right above soporific is soporiferous, which is a synonym for soporific. Feeling sleepy yet? All this talk about sleep has made me…I’ll just rest my eyes for a minute…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: