Monday, June 16, 2008

Technophobe

Technophobe. I'm sure this is a word, even though it is not in my unabridged dictionary. It is just a new word, a neologism.



I sometimes feel like a technophobe, as I have difficulty keeping up. It was only 2 weeks ago, when I sent my first text message. I have a new cell phone and it is still annoying to me. I have not figured out how to change my greeting, so I can't update the info about the next chapter meeting.



I also want to have a really amazing website, but haven't had time to read the manual for that software, either.



I'll get it together ... someday!



Technophobia is not my problem. I was a computer programmer for 10 years in the 80s and 90s. There were no PCs when I learned to write programs. I remember the first TI calculators when they were $500.00! OMG I am getting old!



I hesitate to write that. I need an updated, hip euphemism for "old." Remember the slogan, you're not getting older, you're getting better! I like it, but I don't know what it was for. I think hair color, perhaps.



I do have a great affirmation for memory: I have total recall. Is that right? Oh darn! I seem to have forgotten! Just kidding.

I will share lots of great affirmations at my workshop, the Hypnotic Fountain of Youth on July 9 at Serenity Now Books and Gifts (Palm Harbor).

No comments: