Friday, June 13, 2008

Superstitious?

Friday the Thirteenth
Have a superlative day!

Even though it is Friday the Thirteenth. Are you superstitious? Most will answer, no, of course not, knock on wood! But there are those among us who are triscadecaphobic! From the Greek, naturally, the word derives from several Greek words, trisca signifies 3, deca, ten, and phobia, fear. I am sure I saw this word in a Charlie Brown cartoon, years ago, but my spell check doesn’t like it, nor is it in my dictionary. But there must be a word for fear of Friday the Thirteenth. It doesn’t come up often, but when it does, it is surely handy to have the right word for it.

I am sure I have seen this word before. But it is not in my Unabridged Dictionary. Well, it just goes to prove how reliable the human memory is. If anyone else has seen it, please let me know, so I won’t chalk it up to old-timers disease. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i truthfully adore your own writing taste, very interesting,
don't give up as well as keep creating for the reason that it simply just good worth to look through it.
excited to browse alot more of your own content pieces, have a good day ;)