Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Covetous

Covet. What’s wrong with coveting? 1. To desire. 2. To wish for excessively and culpably; crave; envy. From Middle English, through Old French, from several different Latin incarnations which sound like culpable and mean desire.
Covetous – avaricious, greedy; eager for acquisition.
Fervent – 1. Having or showing great emotion or warmth; passionate; ardent. 2. Extremely hot, glowing. From ME, thru Old French, from Latin, to boil.
Ardent – 1. passionate. 2. enthusiastic, zealous. 3.glowing, flashing, fierce. 4. burning. From ME thru Old French, from latin, to burn.

More words with burning or boiling references!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just browsing here and there and got to visit your blog. I must say that my luck is favoring me today or else getting such a wonderful writing to read was never possible for me, at least. Truly thankful your content.