Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Deft or Daft?

As you know I like monosyllablic words.

Today I am intrigued by deft, and daft.

I think I may have written about daft a few years ago. It seems the British like to use that word.

Daft -- adj. silly, crazy. From Old English (OE). It's related to daffy.

Deft -- adj. apt, able, adept. It may be related to that word...? But it says that deft is from OE (the same word as daft) and adept from Latin. For some reason I came up with all words that begin with "a." This dictionary says skillful, and adroit.

There is a hypnosis presentation tonight at Books-A-Million in Palm Harbor FL. We will have several hypnotists deftly demonstrate hypnotic techniques to help you relax, reduce anxiety, and instill confidence. All of our presenters are deft. Some are even daft. Read about it on my other blog, Verbal Impact.

Please join us at 7PM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you could get in touch with me including a couple different solutions about the manner you made your blog seem to be this brilliant, I would be grateful.

Before I go, give permission me thank you for your patience with my English as (I am certain you have figured this at this moment ,), English is not my initial tongue consequently I am using Google Translate to figure out what to write down what I actually mean to write down .

Philolog said...

Thank you for saying my blog is brilliant!

I'd love to get in touch with you, but you made this comment anonymously.

Send me your email addy.