Thursday, August 23, 2007

New Verbs

Oops! I almost wrote "I faxed it!" And although many people do use fax as a verb, I object to this abuse. It’s one thing to say it and another to write it! I’m all for the vernacular and colloquialisms, but I am also into orthography and grammar.

I understand google is also being used as a verb. This is the name of a mega-bucks huge (evil) corporation. Not a verb!

Actually, it does have a meaning in the English language. Google is a very large number within the field of mathematics, 10 with 100 zeroes behind it. I don't think it is used much anymore, I think the new term is bazillion. Bazillion is not yet in my dictionary.

What is it called when you transmute a noun into a verb? Improper! Stop this behavior at once!

School has started and I am back in teacher mode…

No comments: