Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Insightful

I am overwhelmed! I never read To Kill a Mockingbird. I never saw the movie. I’d really love to rent it now, though. I just finished listening to the audiobook (on CDs) and I am floored! It was remarkable, incredible, stupendous. This is a powerful book. Compared to this it seems like I’ve been wasting my time on many of the novels I’ve read lately.

Compared to this book, the others seem SPURIOUS.
It means fake, phony, counterfeit.

What's the right word? It was profound, incisive and insightful. And it’s one of those books that will stay with me for a while. I’ve already noticed that I sometimes use the southern vernacular, including the word “ain’t.” And I ain’t that kind! No, sir!

I will miss Atticus, Jean Louise and Jem. I admire Atticus’ patience and wisdom and hope to emulate him when I am parenting my child.

No comments: