Thursday, November 15, 2007

Penury

Penurious and plutocratic are words from Wattle’s Science of Wealth. I didn’t expect this book to be a more elaborate form of “thots are things!” The language is quite lofty, though it requests that everyone take its scientific principals on faith. But if we heard Edison or Marconi expound on electromagnetic principles, we would certainly accept their statements as truth, because we would presume that they had done the scientific research personally.


Penury--n. poverty or frugality. From Latin.

Plutocratic--adj. having to do with government by the wealthy. It has nothing to do with the (former) planet or Roman God, Pluto, as I suspected. It comes from Greek!

Grandiloquence--n. lofty or pompous eloquence. From Latin.

1 comment:

Philolog said...

THANK YOU to all my Polish and Russian visitors! I really enjoy your comments, however, I only publish relevant comments. Comments about floor polish, coffee grinds and cereal are not exactly relevant to this article or any other I can think of on any of my blogs.

Please keep the comments coming. I promise to publish anything remotely relevant!